Friday, December 14, 2012

Mini Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2) Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Steph's Rating: 5 stars Dani's Rating: 5 stars
Overall Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Synopsis:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
     Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
     Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
     The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
     But then everything changes…
     I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
     No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Steph's Mini-Review: 
And the 5 star JLA Marathon continues in ONYX!
     When i read Obsidian, I was like oh this series can't get better than this can it? Well JLA has continued to completely blow me away, both in her Lux series and her Covenant series.
     I thought I loved Daemon in Obsidian but I hadn't seen anything!
He is just so much sweeter and nicer (well mostly) to Katy in this book, and you can tell he just loves her. Oh did I mention he's just really really hot!? <3
     Katy is also stepping up especially with her newly formed bond, and she realized that she is falling for our Daemon baby too!!! (please, who wouldn't. I totally understand Katy, it's okay) Katy is just so strong in this book, and she is also getting new found powers with the bond, just making her even better. I didn't like her so much in Obsidian, but I love her now!
     The plot really broadens up in Onyx. There is a new enemy, the D.O.D., and sometimes you wonder if the good side is going to prevail. You thought Arum were bad? Yeah, those humans at the DOD are bad too, maybe worse.
This book caused my heart to pound and race, and I think I was gasping at all the twists and turns in this book. Yes, there are a ton. What do you expect? It's JLA.
     THIS BOOK HAS A CLIFFHANGER ENDING that just completely killed me and left me tossing and turning and aching for more. I was not expecting it at all and when i was finished i was like, "wait, thats it WHAT no no no more!!!" Opal opal...stop hiding i need you now.
     Another applause, another 5 stars. Well, 5 stars will never get old with JLA because I swear every book she writes just gets better and better! It's so hard for me to choose a favorite with her ;)
     All righty everyone, I now command you to drop whatever you are doing and run to a bookstore (or amazon) and get yourself a copy of this amazing book!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...