Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (7): Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the Spine. This is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!

My WOW for today is Allegiant by Veronica Roth. This year is bittersweet book-wise for me. There are TONS of series's ending during this fall/winter with a whole slew of "last books" coming out within weeks of each other. I do not deal well with saying goodbye to things I don't want to say goodbye too, so I'm sure my mental health will be put into question towards the end of 2013. Allegiant is the last book to the flat-out amazing Divergent series, and while I am super excited about this release (I mean really, we've had to wait over a year for this) but I don't want to see this series finished either at the same time. I honestly don't know what to expect, but I'm sure I'm going to love this book nonetheless. 
Allegiant (Divergent, #3) 
Goodreads Synopsis:

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The explosive conclusion to Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times bestselling Divergent trilogy reveals the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

Everyone remembers that sucker-punch ending to Insurgent. right? (If you don't, I recommend you go read this series ASAP) And then thinking about the torturous wait for the next year so Allegiant could come out? And then the shock when everyone finds out we have to wait until October 2013? This had better be worth the wait (I'm sure it will be). Sitting on Insurgent's ending for almost a year and a half is definitely not good for anyone's sanity. Allegiant is coming out about a week after my birthday, so I'm telling myself that this book is going to be my slightly belated birthday present *wink*. Veronica hasn't released too many teasers for this, so I'm guessing teasers would be spoilerific--which I suppose in a way is like a tease itself. All she's mentioned is that we are going to find out what's on the "other side of the fence". I sincerely hope there won't be problems with Tris and Four anymore either. Can't wait for this book to come out!

1 comment:

  1. OH YEAH! I'm DYING to get my hands on this one! Great choice!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...