Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (11): Champion by Marie Lu

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the Spine. This is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!

 The ending to Prodigy left me speechless, and the waterworks powered on at "high". You can't even imagine how badly I want this book, the final series to the Legend series, and the last adventure we will have with our beloved June and Day. I don't even know if I can bring myself to reread Prodigy (it was amazing--but dang that ending hurt a lot) while I patiently wait around here with my legs crossed and hands together. Champion hits bookshelves this November, so be on the lookout for this book!

Champion (Legend, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:
He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.


I remember reading an EW interview with Marie Lu that came out around the time the cover for Champion was revealed. I distinctly remember Marie saying how well this cover fit her book. That worries me a lot. The bullet hole I mean, with all that lovely gory blood pouring out of it. She also said this was the first time she cried while writing a book. That also worries me. If she wasn't crying while writing the end of Prodigy, the one that shocked and stupefied and caused readers to cry, rant, and scream, then this woman is hard to faze. I'm really hoping no one important on the protagonist side dies (no for real--I'm crossing my fingers tight). I think black and red on the cover is gonna signify action i.e. violence >:), and I'm thinking that orange means something is going to blow up. Again. Gah Marie, you're killing me here with all this waiting. We had to wait almost a full year for this. I'm sure Champion will not disappoint as a final installment to the Legend series. Can't wait to read this!

Steph

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book! I LOVED Legend and Progidy. :)

    My WoW: http://spunwithwords.blogspot.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9413.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read any of her books yet, this looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I definitely recommend the Legend series then :) These books are going to make your heart pound!

      --Steph

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...