Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Release Day: Champion by Marie Lu

Yikes. This makes two series ending within days of each other. First the Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I am still REELING over the ending of Sentinel--it was beyond perfect--thus why no review has popped out. I need to sit on this one for a while to squash down the feels, or else my review might end up in all caps), and now Legend? This does not bode well for my mental sanity. 

My copy is on its way from Amazon, thankfully, so I might have this book by the end of the week. After the ending to Prodigy, I am very eager yet terrified to crack open Champion. Hopefully, all ends well :) Currently, I am in the midst of rereading Mr. Legend Book 1 in preparation for Champion. If I have time, I'll give a peek to Prodigy as well.

Champion (Legend, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:

He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.
 I have a feeling this is going to make me cry. A lot. Downpour alert. I've been crying too much lately with all these "last books", much to the dismay and confusion of my friends and family. Can't wait to read this one!

Steph

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...